Welcome to the Partners Finance & Lease website.
By viewing the pages of this website (www.partnersfinance.co.nz), you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the following disclaimers.
This Website Security and Privacy Statement applies to Partners Finance & Lease website which is operated by Partners Finance & Lease.
Security of information
Partners Finance & Lease strives to protect such information, however we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of the information in our own secure servers
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you use our website, our products or services, interact with us online, or by phone, email or otherwise, the categories of information that we collect about you are as follows:
Personal information you give to us:
This is information about you that you give to us by entering information via:
- our website: www.partnersfinance.co.nz
- our social media accounts, e.g. via Facebook or LinkedIn
- corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise,
- and is provided entirely voluntarily.
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website; subscribing to the services we provide through our site; posting material; requesting products or services and engaging in correspondence with us by phone, email or otherwise. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. If you complete any surveys that we ask you to complete for research purposes, we will collect information in such circumstances as well.
The basic personal information we may ask for, or you may choose to give us, includes your name, your address, company name, email address and phone number. We may retain details of any enquiry you make to us and records of any correspondence with us. We may also ask for, or you may choose to give us, other information for specific purposes, e.g. additional information to request a
We will seek to minimise the information we ask for to that which is needed to perform the relevant function or service at the time.
Personal information we collect about you:
We automatically collect the following information when you interact with us: e.g. details of transactions you carry out through the site, and your visits to our site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources you access.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you complete a contact form on the Contact or About Us pages, you permit to us using and storing the following information: your full name, company name, telephone number, email address and location.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
The purposes for which we use your information and the legal basis under data protection laws on which we rely to do this are explained below.
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business, or those of a third party, for the following purposes:
Credit Scoring & Crime Prevention
To verify your identity as part of the account opening process for new customers; for making a credit check on you.
We may carry out a search with a credit reference agency who will keep a record of our enquiry against your name and which may be linked to your representatives (“associated records”). For the purposes of any application for products or services from us, you may be assessed with reference to “associated records”. Where any search or application is completed or agreement entered into involving joint parties, we may record details at credit reference agencies, as a result an “association” will be created that will link your financial records.
Details of which credit reference agency we have used are available on request. We may also add to your or, if applicable, your business’s, record with the credit reference agencies details of your agreement with us, any payments you make under it and any default or failure to keep to its terms. These records will remain on the credit reference agencies’ files after our agreement with you is settled or terminated whether settled by you or, if applicable, your business or by way of default. These credit reference agencies may create, or add to, their own record about you, or, if applicable, your business, details of our search and your application. This and other information about you or, if applicable, your business and those with whom you are linked financially may be used to make credit decisions about you or your business.
Products & Services
- to provide you with information, products or services that you may request from us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements you enter into with us;
- to make payments;
- to recover monies;
- where we are permitted to do so, to send promotional information about our products and services via methods such as e-mail, post, telephone, etc.; and to contact you via post, e-mail or telephone in relation to the administration of your account or to carry out quality control research.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We process your personal data pursuant to the following legal bases:
- your consent to share your personal data with third party affiliates who may wish to offer you products and services which may be of interest to you;
- taking steps (at your request) prior to entering into an agreement with you, and subsequently for the administration and performance of our agreement with you;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights and / or for the purpose of (or in connection with) legal proceedings; and the use of your personal data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests which are:
- enforcing the terms and conditions of any agreement we have with you;
- the recovery of outstanding debts existing under an agreement with you;
- for statistical analysis to improve our products and services; or
- to contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Sharing your personal data
We may disclose your personal data within Partners Finance & Lease and to third party service providers in the circumstances described below:
- to ensure the delivery or maintenance of products or services you have taken out with us;
- to ensure the safety and security of our data; and
- as part of our internal research and statistical analysis activity.
We will take steps to ensure that the personal data is accessed only by personnel that have a need to do so for the purposes described in this notice.
We may also share your personal data outside of Partners Finance & Lease:
- to an insurer or insurers for administration;
- to claims handlers and fraud prevention agencies;
- to any guarantor;
- to any funder in order to enable funders to assess the value of our assets;
- to any broker or introducer of an agreement with us;
- to tracing and repossession agents;
- if we sell any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes;
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be disclosed to the third party buyer;
- to third party agents or contractors (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services or call centres) for the purposes of providing services to us; and with your consent, to third party affiliates who may wish to offer you products and services which may be of interest to you. These third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your personal data as described in this privacy notice.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.